The 33rd annual conference of the International Society for the Scientific of Subjectivity will be held at 200SVS on 7th – 9th September 2017, hosted by Glasgow Caledonian University. On Wednesday 6th September 2017 we will host preconference workshop(s) at Glasgow Caledonian University with details to follow.
The programme committee welcomes submissions on all aspects of Q methodology and contributions inspired by the seminal work of Dr. William Stephenson. We invite presentations of recent or on-going research in any discipline or sector using Q, or submissions relating to (but not restricted to) the following themes:
- The life and works of William Stephenson;
- Use of Q in teaching, coaching and mentoring;
- Use of Q in programme evaluation and policy analysis;
- Use of computer packages and web applications to conduct Q studies or open up Q to new users;
- Use of Q with visual or non-verbal stimuli;
- The relationship between operant factors and discourse;
- Single-case studies
- The relationship of Q with other methods and techniques;
- Dilemmas in statement and participant sampling, or factor extraction, rotation and interpretation.
These take the form of a 15-20 minute presentation to a paper session, with an opportunity to circulate a full paper. Papers are normally grouped into thematic sessions of 3 or 4 papers.
This is an opportunity to be imaginative. A panel could take a number of forms such as a set of presentations or a roundtable discussion on a particular theme, an important current debate, or aspects of Q methodology. If submitting a proposal for a panel session, please list the confirmed contributors (minimum of three speakers).
Please send your abstract of up to a maximum of 250 words by 8th May 2017. The following abstract structure is preferred, although a different structure can also be used:
- Data (if any)
Note – please do not include tables/graphics/diagrams/symbols in your abstract.
Please follow the link below to submit your abstract: –
Process of Selection
All abstracts will be peer-reviewed based on quality and relevance. Following the evaluation the programme committee will provide notification of acceptance by 19th June 2017.
If you would like to be a reviewer please email: Qconference2017@gcu.ac.uk
Please direct any questions initially to the conference email address: Qconference@gcu.ac.uk