The seminar honoring Al Talbott has been set for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, June 26, 27 & 28. While not the Brazilian debut for Q, it will be an ideal opportunity to display Q methodology.
Prof. Gustavo Said, organizer for the seminar, wishes to invite papers addressing
* Talbott’s contributions to Q-Methodology as researcher and mentor,
* papers on topics related to Q-Methodology,
* reports of Q-studies.
Please send an abstract (150 words) by Friday, March 14 to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Accepted papers will be announced before Monday, March 31. Presenters will be expected to attend the seminar in Teresina.
Here are a few more details.
* Power Point presentations are encouraged and will be translated into Portuguese for simultaneous display.
* Participants are invited to participate in an introductory course on Q for Brazilian doctoral students and faculty, which will be offered in tandem with the Talbott Seminar; the course is sponsored by the Brazilian Universidade do Vale dos Sinos (UNISINOS) and the Federal University of Piaui (UFPI).
* Publication of the proceedings of the Talbott Seminar in the form of a book is being arranged with the support of UNISINOS, UFPI, and CNPQ, the Brazilian National Council of Technological and Scientific Development.
* Individualized packages for international travelers will be offered by Embarque Turismo, where Chere Stricklin is a director of international study.
* To reduce costs for travelers, hotel accommodations and most meals will be subsidized.
* Additional travel information will be provided to those sending abstracts.
You must log in to post a comment.